Laura Gangemi Vignola has more than 35 years of experience as a commercial real property attorney handling transactions throughout Florida, the United States, the Caribbean and Latin America. She has represented some of the largest developers and real estate investment firms in the southeast in connection with the acquisition, development, construction, financing, sale and leasing of mixed-use, multifamily residential, condominium, hotel, office, retail and industrial properties. Her practice has extended to representation of institutional lenders, including Fortune 100 companies, and borrowers in connection with secured financings. Such financings include acquisition, refinance, development, construction, revolving and permanent loans, letter of credit facilities, participations and syndications, mezzanine facilities, preferred equity financings, modifications and workouts, covering fee and leasehold interests across all property classes. Laura has broad experience in ground leasing, including properties to be developed in multiple phases, and years of experience representing landlords and tenants on leases covering office buildings, shopping center/retail and industrial properties. Laura’s practice includes the representation of developers and other property owners in the drafting and negotiation of management agreements, general contractors’ agreements, architects’ agreements and engineers’ agreements. Although her practice focuses primarily in commercial real estate, it extends to other related areas such as acquisitions and divestitures of businesses and pools of mortgage loans, stock, partnership and other asset sales, asset-based financings and negotiation of business entity documents.
See practice areas for past representations.
Awards & Accolades
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2008-2022
- Team Member (while a shareholder at Greenberg Traurig P.A.), Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010, 2013 and 2017-2018
- Team Member (while a shareholder at Greenberg Traurig P.A.), a U.S. News – Best Lawyers®,”Law Firm of the Year” in Real Estate Law, 2015
- Team Member (while a shareholder at Greenberg Traurig P.A.), a Law360 “Real Estate Practice Group of the Year,” 2011-2013 and 2015
- Team Member (while a shareholder at Greenberg Traurig P.A.), The Legal 500 United States, “Top Tier” Firm in Real Estate, 2013 and 2014
- Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5.0
Professional & Community Involvement
- Agent for Chicago Title Insurance Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company and First American Title Insurance Company
- Member, The Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
- Shareholder, April, 2001—January 2020
- Associate, September 1984—September 1987
Kirkpatrick & Lockhart LLP
- Partner, September 1995—April 2001
- Head, Florida Real Estate Practice
- Partner, June 1991—September 1995
- Associate, September 1987—June 1991