Transactional practice frequently involves multi-faceted issues and competing interests. We strive to advance our client’s goals by developing creative and practical solutions to complex problems.
Acquisitions and Dispositions Experience
We have a broad range of experience in connection with the acquisition and disposition of all classes of real property, including traditional classes such as industrial, retail, office, hotel and multifamily, as well as loans, pools of mortgage loans, distressed assets, stock and businesses. We understand how to structure and negotiate deals in a manner that is both effective and efficient.
Some of Laura Gangemi’s previous and current work in acquisitions and dispositions includes:
- Representing a purchaser in connection with negotiations for the acquisition of surface and air parcels from the City of Miami Beach for the development of an approximately $350 million vertical, mixed-use project, the commercial portions of which the City owns in fee and ground leases to owner of adjacent marina and upland areas.
- Representing a major South Florida developer in connection with the acquisition and structuring of multiple parcels for condominium developments in the Brickell, Miami Beach and Hallandale Beach areas.
- Representing a purchaser in connection with the acquisition of a defaulted senior mortgage loan on the former Trump Panama Hotel in Panama City, Panama.
- Representing a leading South Florida commercial real estate firm in connection with the acquisition of a multifamily property and land for a development located in Austin, Texas.
- Represent leading South Florida developer in connection with negotiations and diligence regarding the acquisition of approximately 40-acre retail center located in Miami-Dade County, Florida, and corresponding ground lease regarding land, with structuring for phased re-development of the property
- Represent real estate entrepreneur in connection with multiple acquisitions and dispositions of multifamily complexes throughout Florida
- Represent bank in connection with the disposition of multiple foreclosed properties
- Represent Florida homebuilder in the acquisition of multiple residential developments in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties, Florida
- Represent Fortune 5 company in connection with the acquisition of equity interest in multiple joint ventures developing Florida multifamily properties
- Representing a private club in connection with negotiations with multiple bidders for the sale of oceanfront property in Bal Harbour, Florida.
- Representing an investment management firm in connection with the acquisition immediately after origination of loans on condominium units acquired by the purchasers through securities offerings in the provinces of Alberta and British Columbia, Canada.
Individualized Approach to Complex Issues
We represent clients nationally and internationally on a wide range of commercial real estate-related matters. We combine decades of experience to provide comprehensive legal experience and develop lasting professional relationships with our clients.
Our firm was built on the premise that sophisticated legal services associated with traditional big law practice are deliverable within the efficiency, adaptability and personalized approach of a boutique firm. Our attorneys efficiently and effectively assist the individuals and businesses we represent in a full spectrum of transactions. We find practical and creative solutions to problems and competing interests while ensuring that our clients’ goals are met and interests advanced and protected every step of the way.