International commercial real estate transactions raise a number of legal issues that require significant legal knowledge and the depth of experience to recognize the need to retain and manage local counsel. This requires counsel who understands the complex legal issues, as well as the various other hurdles, that can arise when the deal involves assets and properties located outside of the United States.
Comprehensive Legal Representation in International Transactions
Although our practice focuses on Florida and US transactions, we represent clients on deals involving property and businesses outside of the United States. We have significant experience working with and managing local counsel.
Laura Gangemi's international transaction experience includes:
- Representing a purchaser in connection with the acquisition from a major bank of a defaulted senior mortgage loan on the former Trump Panama Hotel in Panama City, Panama.
- Representing a purchaser of equity interests in Panamanian companies that own solar power plants from a global institutional investment management firm.
- Representing a proposed tenant in ground leases for submerged lands, uplands and marina facilities located in St. Maarten.
- Representing a private equity company in connection with the acquisition and subsequent dispositions of pools of mortgage loans secured by properties located in Puerto Rico.
- Representing a major national bank in connection with a mortgage loan to a national grocery distributor secured by property located in the Bahamas.
- Representing an investment management firm in connection with the acquisition immediately after origination of loans on condominium units acquired by the purchasers through securities offerings in Alberta and British Columbia, Canada.
Miami-Based International Commercial Real Estate Services
We represent clients nationally and internationally on a wide range of commercial real estate-related matters. We combine decades of experience to provide comprehensive legal experience and develop lasting professional relationships with our clients.
Our firm was built on the premise that sophisticated legal services associated with traditional big law practice are deliverable within the efficiency, adaptability and personalized approach of a boutique firm. Our attorneys efficiently and effectively assist the individuals and businesses we represent in a full spectrum of transactions. We find practical and creative solutions to problems and competing interests while ensuring that our clients’ goals are met and interests advanced and protected every step of the way.