Commercial real estate acquisition, development, construction and investment frequently require access to credit sources. The advice of experienced legal counsel can help lenders and borrowers explore creative solutions and develop nimble responses to changes in the market landscape.
We help clients including institutional lenders, real estate investment trusts, developers and investors complete a wide range of financing transactions smoothly and efficiently. We provide strategic legal counsel to proactively tackle the issues that often arise in various facets of financing transactions.
Experience & Success in Real Estate Financing
We have significant experience representing institutional lenders, Fortune 100 companies, institutional borrowers, developers and entrepreneurs consistent with a diversified and sophisticated real estate financing practice. Such financings include acquisition, refinance, development, construction, revolving and term loans, mezzanine loans, preferred equity, intercreditor agreements, letter of credit facilities, participations, syndications, modifications and workouts covering fee, leasehold and subleasehold interests in all classes of real property, including industrial, commercial, retail, office, hotel, multi family residential and condominium projects.
Laura Gangemi has advised clients on all aspects of financing, including:
- Representing a major South Florida developer in connection with the refinancing of $52 million in senior construction loans for a retail project located in Broward County, Florida, including structuring the deal to minimize transfer and mortgage taxes.
- Representing top South Florida developers in connection with more than $290 million in multiple acquisition, development and construction financing for a phased condominium project in Coconut Grove, Florida, including including components constructed in air parcels.
- Representing a major South Florida developer in connection with sale, restatement and enlargement of portions of a senior mortgage loan on a condominium project in Coconut Grove, Florida, and conversion of balance of senior mortgage loan to mezzanine financing, all aggregating approximately 218 million, and corresponding structuring to minimize mortgage taxes.
- Representing a large South Florida developer in connection with approximately $21 million in senior leasehold development financing for a mixed-use project to be constructed on land owned in fee by the City of Miami.
- Representing a major national bank on the origination of revolving lines of credit secured by commercial mortgage loans and senior mortgages/deeds of trust on multifamily properties in various states.
- Representing a major national bank on originations of series of loans cross-collateralized by senior mortgages/deeds of trust on multifamily projects in various states
- Representing an SEC-registered institution asset manager in connection with a $18 million preferred equity investment for a regional shopping center located in Los Angeles County, California.
- Representing a major national bank on origination of syndicated, senior mortgage loan in the amount of $108MM for the development and construction of a multifamily/retail project
- Representing a leading South Florida commercial real estate firm in connection with refinance of portfolio of retail properties located in Coral Gables, Florida
- Representing a non-traded REIT managed by Black Creek Capital Markets in connection with numerous acquisition loans and refinancings from life insurance companies and national banks on portfolios of various industrial properties located throughout the United States
- Representing major national bank on origination of senior leasehold mortgage loan in the amount of $47.5 million for the development and construction of senior housing complex and public parking garage in Miami-Dade County, Florida
- Representing a major national bank on origination and re-financings of senior leasehold mortgage loan for the re-development and construction of retail complex and marina located in Coconut Grove, Florida
- Representing a major national bank on origination and re-financings of senior leasehold mortgage loan for the re-development and construction of retail complex and marina located in Miami Beach, Florida owned by the City of Miami Beach
- Representing a borrower in connection with $60 million mortgage loan warehousing line of credit under which collateral includes pools of mortgage loans and REO
We represent clients nationally and internationally on a wide range of commercial real estate-related matters. We combine decades of experience to provide comprehensive legal experience and develop lasting professional relationships with our clients.
Our firm was built on the premise that sophisticated legal services associated with traditional big law practice are deliverable within the efficiency, adaptability and personalized approach of a boutique firm. Our attorneys efficiently and effectively assist the individuals and businesses we represent in a full spectrum of transactions. We find practical and creative solutions to problems and competing interests while ensuring that our clients’ goals are met and interests advanced and protected every step of the way.